Happy International Women’s Day!
May I have your autograph? Perhaps even, a leg??
amuse-bouche vs. sakizuki
- Q: How do you feel about Sarah Michelle Gellar choosing Angel over Spike?
- JM: I think it was constructed that way. Wisely. Spike only got his soul very late in the game. I'm not really sure either character deserved Buffy. Buffy was a really awesome human being that deserves someone just as awesome as she was, and I think both Angel and Spike were kind of messed up. Even though they had souls and cool hair or whatever, they still had so many issues, so I thought she probably deserves someone better than both of them. But Angel had his soul longer and his priorities are a little straighter. Spike was, you know, evil for pretty much the whole time.
- Q: You said he was "seeking goodness" at one point. Changed your mind?
- JM: The thing is, I didn't want them to kill my character off so I played Spike as if he had a soul from the beginning. But it wasn't written as if he did, so there's a little bit of conundrum there. I was talking with David Fury, one of the producers and writers on Buffy, and he said "Yeah, we noticed that, James, and we had to incorporate that" and it was like a part of Spike's soul was still in him.
- Actually, Joss is still writing comic books, they're doing season 10 now. Anybody interested in Spike and Buffy's relationship should probably check out those comic books, because I think it's gonna get very interesting between two of those characters.
The Doctors By Alice X Zhang
Benedict Cumberbatch for The NY Times Style Magazine.
heeey Russian post finally delivered my new awesome t-shirt
all of buffy → badass buffy
↪ "I’m going to kill them all. That ought to distract them."